Thursday, April 3, 2008

On the Day You Were Born

Anne Brady

Title: On the Day You Were Born

Author and Illustrator: Debra Frasier

Genre: Fantasy

Summary:
This book is essentially about Mother Earth welcoming a new baby to the planet. It tells a tale of how the animals spread the word of your arrival and how the news migrated around the world. It goes on to describe how everything from the moon, the wind, the sky, the tides, the forests, the sun, and all people of the Earth rejoyced and celebrated when you were born.

Characters: You, and all the inhabitants of the planet and forces of nature.

Readers Comments:
I absolutely love this book because I think it does a beautiful job of celebrating the miracle of child birth and how life should be cherished. It tells a child a tale of how unique and special they are and that the world rejoiced at their arrival. It paints a picture of a animals and the wind discussing how truly wonderful and exciting you are. I think this book makes a great gift and it Will guarantee special moments when read from a parent to a child. I get a little emotional each time a read it to my son because it reminds me of just how amazing his arrival was.

Age Appropriateness: Ages 4-8

1 comment:

Angel Van Howe said...

I absolutely loved this book as well. I still get choked up when I read it and I don't even have any children. I think the book does a fantastic job portraying birth as a spirtual and joyous event. Do you think that the illustrations added anything to the mood? I definitely think that the bright colors added a celebratory tone. Thanks for your post.