Thursday, April 3, 2008

I Ain't Gonna Paint No More

This story is called I Ain't Gonna Paint No More. It was written by Karen Beaumont and illustrated by David Catrow. This story is realistic fiction, and the children really love it. The characters in this story are the little boy (who tells the story) and his mama. The little boy tells the story about how his mama caught him painting on everything but paper. It starts with him painting the living room walls, the curtains, and the door. His mama puts the paints away and says, "Ya ain't gonna paint no more!" Then, the little boy finds more paint and begins to paint his head, his neck, his chest, arm, hand, back, leg, feet, and his rear end! At the end, he runs out of paint. The children love this story because at one time or another, they have all gotten in trouble for coloring or painting on something they were not supposed to. I really like this story because not only do the children really relate to it, but it is a rhyming story as well. This story is appropriate for grades Pre-k through 2nd.

1 comment:

Angel Van Howe said...

Well, you have captured my interest with this story, because I was one of those children who painted on everything! I agree that all children could relate to this story, because all children love to create without boundaries. What were the illustrations like? I imagine that they would be colorful.I would think that you could even teach color vocabulary as well from the book? Thanks for your post.