Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Gingerbread Man












Title: Gingerbread Man


Pictures by: Karen Schmidt


Genre:Folktale


Reading Level: Preschool


Characters: Gingerbread Man, Little Old Lady, Pig, Cow, Horse and the Fox.





Summary:





This folktale is about a Gingerbread Man who escapes from the oven and outruns all those who try to catch him. The Gingerbread Man did not want the little old lady, pig, cow, horse and fox to eat him so he ran and kept yelling, "You cant catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man." The illustrations are beautiful, this classic folktale will capture children's interest and spark their imagination page after page. Children will enjoy looking at the pictures and repeating after every page, "You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man." This story has repetitive text which makes it easier for children to particpat. This story is perfect for preschool.

2 comments:

Emily Cragg said...

Almost any copy of the Gingerbread Man becomes a class favorite and it is a wonderful story to have the children act out.

annebrady said...

I love this tale. It brings me back to kindergarten every time. A great classic!