Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cool Penguins

Author: Jeff Bauer

Genre: Informational

Summary: This book offers great facts about penguins. Including different types of penguins, their survival skills, how they move, and how they care for their young.

Grade level: Preschool - Third Grade

Comments: I like that this book covers some important facts about penguins. I also feel that there is just enough text to keep the children's interested. The majority of the pages are covered with real life pictures to help students make connections.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book sounds like a good book to use when teaching about Penguins. I like the fact that it covers important facts and that it includes real life pictures to help students make connections. I have several Penguin books but I will look into adding this book to my Penguin collection.

annebrady said...

I agree that this is a great tool to teach about penguins while keeping it simple enough for young children. I am using this in my lesson plans for my Penguin theme unit in ECE 584!